COVID-19 – Returning to practice
From 14 May
- Your decision to participate in practice is yours alone. The Club is not instructing anyone to practice. If you have any concerns about your fitness to participate or your risk of serious complications, please consult your GP or STAY AWAY.
- If you’re feeling unwell then you should not attend the club under any circumstances.
- The Club rooms remain closed for social purposes.
- The Club bar remains closed until further advice.
What is permitted?
- Only practice is permitted. This means unplayed Club Championship matches are still not permitted to be completed and the Winter Bowls Comp will not be commenced.
- The synthetic green is available for use immediately. The Top Green (#1 green adjacent to car park) is being prepared to allow practice and will be opened as soon as possible.
- The Doug Osbourne green is closed for practice (for its benefit, nothing to do with the virus).
What are the Conditions around Practicing?
- Maximum of 10 people per green.
- Maximum of 4 people per rink.
- One rink gap between each group.
- Online pre-booking is essential (more info below).
- Spectators are not permitted, whether members or not.
- To give everyone an opportunity, practice sessions are limited to 1.5 hours and players are requested to practice no more than once per day.
What Hygiene Practices do I need to Apply?
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after practice using soap and water or sanitiser placed at convenient places inside and outside the Club rooms.
- Maintain 1.5m distancing between players at all times. No handshakes, high fives or hugs
- Clean shared bowls equipment (e.g. mats and jacks) with disinfectant provided at the Club before and after practice.
- Leave the premises promptly when you have finished practice.
The Booking System
Why do I need to Book?
- So that you know that there is space available for you at a time that suits you. You won’t be disappointed on arriving at the Club only to find out that the maximums have already been reached.
- The booking system will ask for the names of ALL people in the booking. If in the unlikely event one of us tests positive, we can provide the medical authorities with the names of people who were on the premises at the same time as them to assist the contact tracing process.
How do I Book a Training session?
- Go to www.bentleighbears.com.au/bookings. A link will also be placed on the homepage of the Club website http://bentleighbowlingclub.bowls.com.au/.
- Choose which green you would like to practice on and click the “Click Here” button.
- Read the information provided and click the “Book Now” button.
- Select a day and time that you prefer. Fully booked time slots will not be available.
- Fill in the simple details on the booking page paying particular attention to include the names of players who will be practicing with you.
- If successful, you will receive an email to confirm your booking.
President, Bentleigh Bowling Club, 1 Higgins Rd, Bentleigh 3204
Great Sport – Great Mates – GREAT CLUB