Newsletter November 2018
Info for Bowlers…
- No Pennant bowls next Saturday 17th. Instead we’ll have Heathy’s Handicap Pairs This is open to all bowlers and the pairing is arranged to combine people who would not normally have an opportunity to play together. Entry list and more details are on the board at the Club!
- As there are no Midweek Pennant matches on the 20th November, please consider donning your uniform & joining us for Monday Triples against Tatts. Entry form is on the board, put together a team or enter as a single player, (you are guaranteed of getting a game). Format is 2 games of 11 ends of 3 bowl triples, with an afternoon tea break. Starting time 12:30, finish at 4pm.
- Saturday bowlers, don’t forget the Double Header weekend on the 8th and 9th Please ensure you keep Sunday 9th December available for Pennant.
- Each week, some Saturday Pennant voting cards are not handed in. If you are playing away and not returning to the Club, please hand your cards to a team mate or your Side Manager who will return them for you. No scoring system is perfect, and some players are sceptical, but please realise Selectors have no other method of evaluating both current and long-term performance. Do your best not to forget and remember, you may be the one disaffected one day.
- Bowlers please note that the Doug Osborne Green will be top-dressed immediately after the Century 21 Tournament (5th January) so will be out of action for a few weeks at least (the weather will dictate for how long).
Club News and Info…
- The Club extends our deepest sympathy and condolences for Natalie Dandie whose husband Jim passed on 30 October.We also extend deep sympathy to Tom, Danny and Paula Quinn on the passing of mum Lorna Quinn on November 1.
- Chris Michell needs you. Help needed on Friday mornings with set up &/or pack up of equipment for school bowls, 8:30 & 10:30am.
Git yer kilts oot!
The Xmas breakup is on Saturday evening 15th December. Entertainment by Celtic inspired band Whisky Gypsies. A more relaxed and informal setup this year with no set tables (plenty of seating will be available for tired bowlers still). The band and the informal setting guarantees a fun night out for members, family and friends! See Debbie Johnstone for more info.