Dear Members and Friends
The contents of this communication are not open for debate; nor is this the final position that our Club will be adopting. We are living in a fast-changing environment and our policies will necessarily change accordingly.
Taking into account the directives and recommendations of relevant government departments, the health experts and our sport’s governing bodies, we are instigating a number of changes in the way our Club operates for the foreseeable future until the crisis abates or we are directed otherwise.
We have included below a number of web pages that you are strongly encouraged to visit for relevant and updated information. Please do not rely on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) for your information:-
Please note that the specific web page addresses provided above may change.
Personal Hygiene and Social Distancing:
We all have a responsibility to each other, to our community and to our families and friends. The consistent advice is to –
- cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- dispose of tissues properly
- wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- clean and disinfect surfaces
- avoid contact with others and stay more than 1.5 metres (5 feet) away from people
- clean and sanitise frequently used objects such as mobiles, keys and wallets
Changes we are making at Bentleigh Bowling Club immediately:
- You MUST NOT enter the Club if you:
- have been in contact with a person confirmed to have a COVID-19 infection or who is under quarantine because of a suspected case of COVID-19
- have flu or cold like symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- have returned from overseas from ANY country in the past 14 days.
- The Lightning Pairs competition schedule from now until late April is cancelled.
- Winter Bowls is postponed indefinitely.
- Winter Indoor bowls is postponed indefinitely.
- A decision regarding Presentation Night, currently scheduled for 18 April, will be made closer to the date.
- For the time being, the Club remains open to members on Thursday afternoons/evenings and Saturday afternoons; but a number of restrictions are being implemented –
- Whilst on Club premises, all members are required to abide by the Personal Hygiene and Social Distancing principles described above, including the recommended 1.5 metres separation.
- As our Club Championship events are well progressed, the remaining matches may be played in accordance with the current due dates. Players are strongly encouraged to abide by the social distancing recommendation of 1.5 metres. Any player may withdraw from these events at their own discretion.
- There will be no food served on Thursday evenings until further notice.
- Members may, at their own discretion, conduct their own practice or social games and are encouraged to abide by the social distancing recommendation of 1.5 metres.
- Members are encouraged to use the Club’s “tap and pay” facility at the bar to minimise the handling of cash.
- Until further notified, we are no longer accepting bookings for Barefoot Bowls or Private Functions.
- No new spending commitments are to be undertaken by either Committee or members without prior approval from our treasurer Rob Fisher. In the meantime, existing commitments will be honoured, for example greens maintenance, yard maintenance and cleaning.
These are very unusual times for us all. I ask everyone to respect decisions being made by the relevant authorities and we all do our bit to support our fellow members and the broader community.
On a personal level, I care deeply about each and every one of you and your welfare. Please be very alert, but not alarmed by current circumstances and do your bit.
President, Bentleigh Bowling Club, 1 Higgins Rd, Bentleigh 3204
Great Sport – Great Mates – GREAT CLUB
M 0408 907 596