Newsletter October 2018
Your October 2018 Newsletter – shorter, sharper and to the point!
- Saturday Pennant season commences this weekend (Tuesday Pennant is already 2 rounds in). The Saturday Firsts will be playing Mentone 2 at home this Friday night. Rollup commences at 6:45pm. Supporters are encouraged to attend, and the Firsts are encouraged to check out Saturday’s games.
- Following last month’s player survey, a new voting system for the Doug Osborne and Ken Richardson Awards is being implemented for this season. All players will be required to nominate the single best player in their rink i.e. the bowler who you think executed their role the best but excluding yourself.
- Saturday bowlers, don’t forget the Double Header weekend on the 8th and 9th Please ensure you keep Sunday 9th December available for Pennant.
- If Pennant players did not attend Keith Ronaldson’s pre-season Coach’s address on 30 August and do not have a copy of the two handouts outlining the role of each position and the “Winning Game Plan for 2018/19” please see Keith for copies.
- All bowlers are expected to train. Formal training occurs on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 4:00pm and Peter Blee runs individual skills coaching on Sunday mornings at 11:00am. If you can’t make these sessions, please make every effort to train on other days.
- Monday Triples is sponsored by Century 21 on Centre and kicks off on Monday 15th The Triples will be held on the third Monday of every month for the rest of the season. Entry list is on the Club Notice Board or see Chris Michell.
- See you all tonight for the Hagens Organics meat tray raffle.